Positive Psychology in Education
This month I had the opportunity to give a speech on positive mental health practices to 700 people at the Greater Essex County District School Board in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
The audience was comprised of education support staff and front line workers, including Education Assistants, Child and Youth Care Workers, Developmental Services Workers, Teachers, Social Workers, Psychologists, and Principals.
Sample PPT Slides
Cultivating Mental Health
Dr. Marc Crundwell, the chief psychologist with the school board, and I began working on this event on March 23. Which is why I am excited to share a video of the presentation with you today.
It’s been a long time in the making!
Surprised and Delighted
The best part is that I found out moments before the speech that several students that I taught years earlier at St. Clair College would be in the audience.
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.Ryunosuke Satoro
Links to books, articles and research shared during speech —
- PERMA Theory, Research, and Origin Story
- Strengths Finder Books and Assessments
- Steering by Starlight by Author Martha Beck
- Embracing Change – Interview, Blog Post, and Article
- If Questions for the Soul by Evelyn McFarlane and James Saywell
- Dr. Andrea Dinardo: Thriving Under Pressure | TED Talk
- Thriving Under Pressure: Speaking and Training Services
- Flow Theory of Happiness and Positive Psychology
- Broaden-and-Build Theory of Positive Emotions
- Drive Magazine Article: Cultivating Mental Health Daily