The Stories We Tell Ourselves
Reality Testing: Psychology Theories
- Cognitive Reframing and Restructuring
- Identifying and challenging irrational or maladaptive thoughts
- ABC Model – Cognitive Behavioural Technique
- Antecedent, Belief, Consequence
Reality Testing: Real-Life Example
And the subsequent impact it had on his thoughts, emotions, and self-esteem.
I describe how with time and support, I witnessed my friend transform his suffering into a more meaningful and empowering experience.
An experience of yesterday’s pain becoming today’s strength, we can all relate to.
Link to Article: https://www.thedrivemagazine.com/posts/the-stories-we-tell-ourselves Link to Post-Traumatic Growth Post: https://drandreadinardo.com/2019/12/06/post-traumatic-growth-can-adversity-be-good-for-you
Psychology Tips to Transform the Painful Story in Your Life
- Reflect on times in your life when you have successfully overcome adversity.
- Talk to others who have overcome similar circumstances. Be open to their lessons.
- Ask five people to identify your strengths. Refer to them during low points in your day.
- Be proud of what you have been through and have faith in where you’re going.
Forces beyond your control can take away everything you possess except one thing, your freedom to choose how you will respond to the situation.Viktor E. Frankl
Video — Watch Here Article — Read Here