Flexibility is essential for resilience
When life changes direction, are you able to change with it?
Are you flexible and open to new experiences?
Are you able to break free from old patterns and habits?
Or do you struggle to adapt to anything new and different?
At the beginning of my TEDx: Dr. Andrea Dinardo: Thriving Under Pressure | TED Talk I describe how the flexibility of palm trees helps them adapt and ultimately be strengthened by hurricanes.
Applying this Post in Everyday Life
“Do the opposite of what you normally do.”
- Wake up one hour earlier to enjoy some unexpected quiet time.
- Exercise at night instead of in the morning.
- Try gluten-free or vegan to support a dear friend.
- Swap your favourite hobby for something brand new.
- Sit in a different spot in the classroom than you’re used to.
- Drive a different, more scenic way home tonight.
- Meet three new people in your community this week.
- Trade television for library books for one month straight.
- Go to sleep on the opposite side of the bed.
- Spend the weekend silent and completely word free.
Change one routine today and open up to unforeseen freedom and opportunity.
CBC-TV Interview: https://youtu.be/rUWGr_GwzhM