In the post below, I share lessons learned at a recent thriving student leadership teams workshop.
It was a true team effort! With the team-building and leadership exercises equally led by the student leaders and myself.
Please join in and explore the reflection questions, interactive activities, and workshop videos with the teams in your life.
Together Everyone Achieves More!
WHAT HELPS TEAMS FLOURISH & THRIVE?
“It takes both sides to build a bridge.”
Perspective taking exercise.
1. Identify a problem you have faced as a student leader.
2. Determine what’s “below the surface” that could potentially be the source of the problem.
3. Explore the problem from the perspective of the student.
4. Describe the problem and potential solution using both the leader’s and the student’s perspectives.
5. Summarize the lessons and potential opportunities of the original problem. Eg. What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the student?
“Together We Rise.”
“Goals with Soul.”
Personal and Team goal setting exercise.
1. What are your goals as student leader for the school year?
2. What are your goals as team member for the school year?
3. What are your greatest assets for the team?
4. What areas do you need assistance from the team?
“Teamwork makes the dream work.”
“Your life is your message to the world.”
“What’s Your North Star?” team building exercise.
1. What’s Your Purpose?
2. What Lights Your Way?
3. What Bonds and Unites Your Team?
“What’s Your Why?”
- I encourage you to try our Thriving Leaders Team Exercises in your own life.
- Whether it be your family team, your friendship team, your neighbourhood team, your church team, or your sports team.
- Teams are everywhere!
Assistance from UWSA Team
What an incredible group of leaders they are!
- TEDx Talk: Thriving Under Pressure
- University of Windsor Students’ Alliance (UWSA) website