Getting ready for my online summer courses which requires a lot of new psychology videos.
Including video discussions on health, wellness, and personal empowerment.
Similar to in person college classes, the goal is to stimulate active discussions and open communication.
What happened when I quit drinking?
Watch this short video on my own experience with peer pressure, alcohol, and behaviour change and answer the questions below.
- How has peer pressure influenced your life decisions?
- Have you experienced unexpected push back from friends and relatives when you made a significant health change? If so, how did you handle it?
- In what ways have your peers and community sabotaged your health and wellness choices?
- In what ways have your peers and community supported your health and wellness choices?
- What strategies help you stay committed to positive lifestyle decisions?
Conversations ⇔ Change
I also encourage use of this video and reflection questions as an opportunity to talk openly with friends and family about the powerful impact of social influence on substance use. Open conversations empower youth to think for themselves and in turn, reduces their susceptibility to coercion.
Watch Psychology Video → Click Here