I see your light.
And your darkness.
And all your shades of grey.
That’s what makes you complete.
All the parts of you.
This moment. Yourself.
Whatever the day may bring.
Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.
Story behind the blog post
Yesterday someone asked me what my philosophy of psychology was. And the one word that kept coming to me over and over again was: Integration.
All the parts of ourselves. The scars and the stars. Just like coal and diamonds. Same element (carbon). Different manifestation.
Wholeness is the goal. Perfection is overrated.
Helpful Psychology Resources
- Blog Post: The Shadow Effect
- Video Post: Healing Your Inner Critic
- Book: Bringing Your Shadow Out of the Dark
- Research: Self-Compassion Research Summarized
- Theory: Carl Jung’s Individuation and Wholeness Process