I find the perception of time fascinating.
Everyone experiences time differently.
Because time truly is relative.
Changing from situation to situation.
- Work Week vs. Vacation Week
- COVID vs. Pre-COVID
- Bored versus in Flow
- Teenager vs. Baby Boomer
- Good Health vs. Poor Health
- Type A Personality vs. Type B Personality
Time Defines Us
Taken one step further, time defines who we are, and ultimately who we become.
How we live our days is how we live our lives.
Moments → Hours → Days → Months → Lifetimes
Mindful Time Management
Which is why the more conscious and aware we become about how we spend and prioritize our time, the more meaningful and satisfying our lives will become.
Concrete Examples of Time Usage
Identify 5 ways you spend 100 units (dollars) of time each day. (As illustrated in the video)
- For example: gardening (20 units), reading (20 units), writing (20 units), cooking (20 units), complaining (20 units)
Compare and contrast your “money time sheet” with family and friends.
- Do you lose “track” of time easily?
- Is time something you consciously pay attention to?
Are you more influenced by external measures of time?
- Or an internal “sense” of time?
Has your use of time changed since COVID?
- If so how?
The trouble is, you think you have time.